Save the Date!
KACE Virtual Annual Conference
December 2-3, 2020
Registration is FREE!
Once you register, you will receive a email that includes all Zoom links for the various sessions. Additionally, a full conference program with session details and presenter bios will be emailed prior to the event.
KACE 2020 Keynote Speakers
Stephenie K. Smith, MSW and Dr. Rodney Smith
Sophic Solutions, LLC.
Equity In Action: Understanding Race in America
Stephenie and Rodney will take us through an engaging keynote that will explore subconscious assumptions about race in America and how that shows up in our work in career development. Ultimately, this discussion affords participants the opportunity to interrogate this topic in a safe environment, learning and unlearning terms and concepts that fuel racism. We will specifically address the following themes/topics:
What participants can expect:
- Guiding Principles of Equity
- Defining Conflated Terms (ex. Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity…etc.)
- Racism, Anti- racism and white supremacy
- How we can better support our students by practicing Cultural Humility
- Participants will be afforded the opportunity to engage in real introspection and critical reflection.
- Participants will explore the fluidity and ubiquity of race and racism in American society.
- Participants will walk away with strategies to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in their personal and professional lives.
We have a day and half planned full of various topics in career development for both employers and college career advisors.
(Presenters have indicated which audience should attend their session: C= Colleges; E=Employers)
December 2nd - 1:00-1:50pm (CST)
- Diving Head First: Introducing the Virtual Career Fair to First-Year Students (C)
- Instagram Basics: What We’ve Learned (C/E)
- It’s Time to Dismantle the Recruitment Process (E)
December 2nd - 2:00-2:50pm (CST)
- Diversity @ Work (C/E)
- Making the Most of Virtual Internships (C/E)
- The Power of Pronouns: Shifting Toward a Gender-Inclusive Career Fair (C/E)
- Re-envisioning Recruiting and Career Services: Reframing and Moving Forward During a Worldwide Pandemic (C/E)
December 3rd - 10:00-10:50am (CST)
- Future-Forward Partnerships Across Campus (C)
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) Toolkit (C/E)
- Productivity Lab: Application of Improv and Coaching Tools for Creative Problem Solving (C/E)
December 3rd - 11:00-11:50am (CST)
Roundtable Conversations - During this session we will break into two groups to discuss “hot” topics facing college career advisors and employer recruiters. Come meet and network -- make new friends from your area to share challenges and solutions.
See the Conference Agenda: http://bit.ly/KACE2020Agenda