KACE Summer Drive-In Lessons Learned, FREE Virtual Event
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
A ZOOM link will be emailed to registrants prior to the event.
8:30 - 9:00 AM | Check-in & Welcome
9:00 – 9:50 AM | Keynote Address: Lessons Learned: Dean Lori Goetsch, Kansas State University, Dean of Libraries
- On May 22, 2018, a fire broke out in Hale Library on the Kansas State University main campus. Dean Lori Goetsch rose to the challenge to lead her 130+ member team, who overnight found themselves displaced from their offices. Dean Goetsch will share her “lessons learned” as well as sharing her story of resiliency and perseverance in the face of a crisis.
- For more information on the Hale Fire, please click HERE.
10:00-10:50 AM | Taking Care of Yourself and Leadership: Amanda Cebula, Kansas State University, Staley School of Leadership Studies
- Often times, as professionals who serve others, we neglect to focus on ourselves. So what does this have to do with exercising leadership? If we are out of balance or burned out, our ability to work with others toward creating change is limited or non existent. This session will help us analyze where our energy is currently going and then help us set goals to get to where we want to be.
11:00 AM- 12:00 PM | Plenary Session I: Recruiting During COVID-19 (Facilitated by Julie Anderson)
- What are your recruitment plans for Fall 2020? What does your career fair look like for Fall 2020? This is your opportunity to share what you’re doing for the Fall and hopefully leave with some new ideas and strategies.
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM | BREAK12:30- 1:20 PM | Cultivating Your Resilience: Tammy Wellbrock, IOM, CAE; Owner, Girl Twin Solutions LLC; Interim Director, FHSU Alumni Association
“Life is not what it’s supposed to be. It’s what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.” - Virginia Satir
- The stress in our country is overwhelming, and COVID-19 tops a daunting list of challenges, such as job loss, financial set-back, and an uncertainty about what the future holds. While there is no playbook for coping during a global pandemic, people can adapt to life-changing situations by gaining greater emotional strength and cultivating a more resilient mindset. This session will explore strategies to utilize resiliency when facing difficult times.
1:30 - 2:20 PM | Plenary Session II: Returning to Work: Young Entrepreneurship through COVID
The COVID-19 pandemic challenged all of us in many different ways. However, small businesses were extremely challenged to find quick, innovative solutions to keep their doors open. In this panel we will hear from several young, Kansas entrepreneurs to hear how they navigated the pandemic successfully.
2:30 - 3:00 PM | Final Thoughts/ KACE: Looking Ahead