Book your room at Hotel at Old Town today! Call 1-877-265-3869 and reference the KACE conference. Rooms range from $115 - $165 and must be booked before November 14th.
KACE AWARD NOMINATIONS
Nominate a colleague for a KACE award.
SPONSOR THE CONFERENCE
Become an event sponsor!
***Notice: Members must be logged into the website to register as a member to get the member discount.
Registration fees (early registration through October 31st):
College member: $150
Employer member: $150
Graduate student: $60
***Conference fees increase $50 per person starting November 1st.
Registration deadline is November 12th!
***"CS" = career services professionals as primary audience
***"E" = employers as primary audience
Wednesday, November 28th
1:30pm (optional): Arrange rides to Tour 1 in hotel lobby
2:00pm-3:30pm: Tour 1 - Chance Rides, 4219 W. Irving Street, Wichita, KS 67209 (8 minute drive from hotel)
4:00pm-5:00pm: Tour 2 - Hyper Pet, 1315 W. MacArthur Road, Wichita, KS 67217 (12 minute drive from Chance Rides)
6:00pm - 7:30pm: Dinner with KACE friends (pay on your own) - River City Brewing Company
Thursday, November 29th
8:30am-8:45am: Welcome from KACE President
8:45am-9:15am: Morning Icebreaker/Intro of New Members
9:15am-10:15am : KEYNOTE Todd Ramsey - Apples and Arrows “Creating Work/Life and Positive Company Culture”
10:30am-11:15am: Breakout Session 1
1. Best Practices to Reach Underrepresented Students - CS/E
2. Professional Development for Career Services Administrators: Our Stories - CS
3. Building Connections Between First-Year Students and Careers with a Career- Readiness Learning Community - CS/E
11:30am-1:00pm: Lunch/Annual Meeting and Awards
1:10pm-2:00pm: Breakout Session 2
1. “I’m an artist!”- Career Foreclosure in Student Populations - CS
2. Are You There, Students? It’s Me…The Career Center - CS3. Building an Effective Corporate Engagement Plan - CS/E
2:10pm-3:00pm: Breakout Session 3
1. Downsized: Employer Events for Niche Industry Groups - CS
2. Community College- Engaging Entrepreneurs & the Corporate World - CS/E
3. Undergraduate Peer Advisors in Career Services: Students Helping Students - CS
3:10pm-4:00pm: Breakout Session 4
1. Employer Recruitment- Best Practices from a University’s Standpoint - CS/E
2. Building Our Young Talent-Best Practices for Supervising Undergrads in Career Services Settings - CS3. Host a Kegger! - CS
6:00pm - 7:30pm: Networking & Dinner at Mosely Melodrama, 234 N. Mosely Street, Wichita, KS 67202
7:50pm-10:00pm: Mosely Street Melodrama Show - “Will Santa Drink Canada Dry? Or Go Tell it to the Mountie”
Friday, November 30th
8:45am-9:00am: Minutes at the Mic
9:00am-9:50am: Breakout Session 5
1. Engaging Industry/Workforce Partners - CS/E
2. Zero Credit. What’s Up With That? - CS
3. Your Future Workforce - Developing Internship Programs - CS/E
10:00am-10:25am: Minutes at the Mic
10:30am-12:00pm: KEYNOTE Patti Bradley - WSU Center for Economic Development and Business - Research “Kansas Economic and Demographic Trends”
12:00pm-12:15pm: Conference Wrap-up